FALL TABLE DECORATIONS FOR WEDDING : FALL TABLE DECORATIONS
FALL TABLE DECORATIONS FOR WEDDING : HAWAIIAN HOME DECORATING : RUSTIC COUNTRY DECOR.
Fall Table Decorations For Wedding
- (table decoration) Any of many diverse articles placed on a dining table principally as ornament though some may have a secondary function
- a party of people at a wedding
- A marriage ceremony, esp. considered as including the associated celebrations
- the social event at which the ceremony of marriage is performed
- marriage: the act of marrying; the nuptial ceremony; "their marriage was conducted in the chapel"
- A move which pins the opponent's shoulders on the ground for a count of three
- An act of falling or collapsing; a sudden uncontrollable descent
- A controlled act of falling, esp. as a stunt or in martial arts
- descend in free fall under the influence of gravity; "The branch fell from the tree"; "The unfortunate hiker fell into a crevasse"
- descend: move downward and lower, but not necessarily all the way; "The temperature is going down"; "The barometer is falling"; "The curtain fell on the diva"; "Her hand went up and then fell again"
My nemesis .......
..... these are sugar gerberas for a Ruby Wedding cake I am doing for this weekend. To say I have struggled with them is an understatement !
I've never made gerberas before but these were requested because the table decorations will be burgundy silk gerberas. The first set of cutters I used (FMM) produced such thin bases on the petals that they all kept tearing and falling off. This wasn't helped by the fact that the paste was so heavily loaded with colour that it wouldn't dry properly !
I then changed cutters to Jem daisy cutters, which were much better and I also decided to wire all the outside petals. This worked well but the instructions I was following in my book produced a flower that looked like a chrysanthemum rather a gerbera ... *sigh* !
So, back to the drawing board, and I decided to copy one of my photographs of a real gerbera. The result, I think, is much better now and I can live with it ! ;o))) LOL
I decided to opt for single gerberas, not doubles, as it was less work. The colour has not reproduced quite accurately here .... in real life it's a much deeper, richer burgundy.
All I have to do now (having seen this close-up ! ) is to smooth off the edges of the petals.
I'm not sure I'll be in too much of a rush to do gerberas again though! LOL
These are made in coloured flower(gum)paste dusted with a couple of other shades of red to give them a bit of "life" and then steamed ...... they're still a little shiny as they weren't quite dry when I photographed them.
I'm off to work now so will visit you all this evening ....
Explore 05.11.2009 #9
I've been making sugar flowers all week. These are going to be table decorations for a wedding. There were 12 rose posies and 12 lily posies. I now have goggle eyes and pink stained fingers:0)
P.S. This is the fabric I bought for my next wedding fair. I totally fell in love with it. (mainly because it sparkles!!)
home decor mexican
kids birthday party decoration
decorating ideas for mirrors
modern kitchen decorating
black decorative mirror
ideas for home decorations
vintage americana decor
decorate a room
hawaiian cupcake decorations
new room decoration games
Post a comment